In South Carolina, boat insurance is similar to automobile insurance. You want to be protected against:
- Personal injury liability resulting from an accident you caused
- Damage to boat caused by another boat or from striking another object
- Medical expenses resulting from a boating accident
- Injury or damage resulting from the actions of an uninsured or underinsured boater
- Damage to your boat resulting from a storm
Typical boating accident involves:
- Weekends between the hours of noon and 7p.m.
- An open motorboat
- A victim falling overboard
- An operator between the ages of 26 and 50
So, whether you own a personal watercraft (a boat less than 16′ long) a boat (16′ to 25′ 11″) or a yacht (equal or greater than 26′), get insurance for your new asset.